Finance Business Partner
The Finance Business Partner will utilise a mixture of business strategy and excellent technical financial skills to help us meet our strategic and financial objectives - whether that is in process improvement, efficiency or business growth and acquisition. The role is primarily business-focused, providing insight to drive growth initiatives, margin enhancement and commercial opportunities and to ensure their impact on the financial performance of the organisation is understood. In addition to these commercial aspects the Finance Business Partner will undertake management reporting, forecasting and budgeting activities for the area of the business which they support.Department Information
Our Finance Team are an integral part of our decision making process and are responsible for analysing risks, providing financial and business insight and formulating strategies to drive performance, as well as managing the divisional financial reporting.
Each Equiniti division has a Finance Director and a team of Finance Business Partners, who work to support the business and drive performance as well as managing financial reporting, forecasting and business planning for the division.Core Duties/Responsibilities
- Being a real support to the business unit MD, ensuring complete alignment and playing a key part in determining the strategy of the business.
- Supporting pricing proposals through reviewing and challenging new bid / renewal pricing and cost modelling.
- Actively involved in the product roadmap and the sales and marketing initiatives to drive it.
- Client interaction; supporting the MD with client commercial negotiations.
- Providing decision support and finance business partnering to senior business unit stakeholders; analysing business performance and challenging poor performance within the business.
- Developing and managing initiatives to improve commercial performance and enhance revenue and margin.
- Taking a lead role in the forecasting and budget cycle, ensuring forecasts are robust and risks and opportunities highlighted and managed; as well as identifying growth areas, efficiencies and opportunities.
- Supporting process improvement in Order to Cash and Record to Report streams of Finance Transformation Programme; identifying efficiencies and working with Shared Service Centres to optimise performance.
- Working across the business and Finance to optimise working capital through ensuring tight control of accrued income and supporting debt collection.
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with significant business-facing or commercial finance experience.
- Demonstrable experience in using financial information to drive business benefits in terms of improved efficiency, and additional revenue and margin.
- Strong stakeholder management and proven business-partnering skills.
- Technically strong, with a good understanding of revenue recognition and project accounting (ideally within a business services environment).
- Experience in leading budget / forecast cycles for significant areas of opex / capex.
- Comfortable working within a complex and fast-moving organisation, and across a matrix structure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present financial information in a compelling way to a financial and non-financial audience to support effective decision-making.
- Financial modelling ability.
- Strong PC Skills - high level of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Finance systems (Agresso or Workday would be advantageous).
- Ability to coach and inspire other less experienced team members through sharing expertise and best practice.
- Enthusiastic, committed and flexible to the demands of a fast-paced business with a significant amount of change.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please note any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening checks. These consist of 5 year activity & GAP verification, DBS or Access NI, Credit and Sanctions checks.