Cathedral Appointments are currently seeking a Junior Buyer for a leading, international solutions provider. Working on state of the art products, Junior Buyer has a critical role in ensuring the smooth running of the Supply Chain, through active supplier relationship management, whilst delivering on cost savings to the business.
· Manage a portfolio of materials, ensuring on time delivery
· Monitoring supplier performance and resolving queries where necessary
· Working closely with the Procurement Manager to assist with cost saving initiatives
· Operate and be accountable for the given product portfolio
· To ensure compliance with company procurement policies
· Identify cost saving opportunities within the market
· An understanding of engineering would be highly beneficial
· Previous buying/procurement experience is essential
· Highly IT Literate with SAP experience
· Strong planning and prioritisation skills and the ability to manage a demanding workload effectively
· Effective communication using the appropriate tools to develop Supplier Relationships.
· Team-player, highly organized and results-driven
On offer is a fantastic salary, excellent working environment and the real chance to bring your experience and input to a growing and widely recognised company. For more information get in touch today!