Compliance and Quality Officer
We have an opportunity for an EHCP Compliance and Quality Officer to join our team on a full time, permanent basis. As a key part of our ongoing improvement journey, our Compliance and Quality Officer will provide support to the team through robust analysis and accurate reporting. You could be from a wide range of backgrounds including IT, administration or performance management and reporting but will be experienced in the use of data and other intelligence for the purposes of ensuring a focus on meeting service needs and deadlines.
Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council is embarked on an exciting period of strategic improvement and development. We are therefore investing in SEND services and have substantially remodelled our service structures to ensure an offer that is fit for purpose to manage demand and respond to the needs of our families.
In return as our Compliance and Quality Officer you will receive:
- Flexible working scheme and holiday package
- Cycle2work scheme
- Technology purchase schemes
- Reduced gym membership and many more
Our ideal Compliance and Quality Officer will have the below skills and experience:
- Level 3 in a relevant subject
- Willingness to undertake the Councils Leadership Programme
- Training in the use of Microsoft applications e.g. Excel
- Experience of developing, implementing and maintaining mnagement information systems and quality assurance systems
- Experience of analysing and communicating complex information.
- Experience of using Microsoft packages for processing, presenting and manipulating data.
- Experience of working with electronic case management systems would be a real advantage in this role but training will be provided on all our systems and process
- Working knowledge and understanding of Ofsted inspection requirements
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Able to undertake any travel in connection with the post
Serving children and young people with SEND and their parents and carers is at the heart of what we do. Although there are many strengths in the SEND system in Barnsley, we know that there is still lots to do. Our EHC processes have been identified by parents and carers as too often unwieldy and difficult to navigate and we have been rightly challenged by children and young people and their families to do more to place them at the centre of our planning, supporting them as experts by experience to have more say in the planning process and the achievement of outcomes.
So if you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Compliance and Quality Officer then please click ‘Apply’ today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86333396