My client is an established and growing service provider based on the outskirts of Cheltenham. Looking to recruit for a Finance Manager to join their Finance and Corporate Services Department.
About the Finance and Corporate Services department
The Finance and Corporate Services department manages and supports initiatives in the business that drive organisational performance, efficiency, delivery, and implementation. It brings together a number of organisation-wide functions, activities, and support services, based on specialised knowledge, best practices, processes, and technology to serve our internal and external customers and business partners.
The department is made up of Finance, Legal and Compliance, and Procurement. Together, their goal is to lead on the empowerment of the organisation to deliver customer value faster, with an acceptable level of risk, and to safeguard and optimise the return on the company's financial and physical assets, through provision of highly professional, customer-focussed finance, legal, facilities, and procurement services.
About the role
- Key duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that the monthly financial statements are comprehensive, accurate, and timely.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the financial processes, systems, and controls are operating effectively.
- Prepare and deliver statutory accounts, ensuring they are accurate and submitted in advance of deadlines, playing a key role in the year-end audit, making sure accounts are completed accurately and signed off.
- Provide support to manage the treasury elements of the organization, ensuring sufficient funds are available to settle outgoings, while maximising deposited funds.
- Ensure bank mandates are kept up-to-date. Develop and effectively implement credit policies and procedures, to maximise cashflow.
- Ensure that tax accounting complies with legislation, and that required returns are accurate and submitted in time.
- Manage purchase ledger, credit control, and payroll activities for the organisation.
- Recruit, develop, support, and coach the team, instilling a 'best in class' attitude.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the organisation. Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Maintain and enhance processes and controls, to uphold an effective financial control environment, and fulfil audit requirements.
- Support the Head of Finance, and the rest of the organisation in driving the performance of the Finance function, while keeping continual improvement at the forefront of their objectives.
- Represent Finance on business wide projects, to promote the department's interests and commercial thinking.
- Work effectively as part of the Finance and Corporate Services Team and wider business.
- Maintain good communication with the Head of Finance, raising any issues, problems, or time pressures as soon as possible.
- Build productive relationships across the organisation.
- Develop a full understanding of the organisation, including the external market in which it operates.
Competitive salary with 30 days annual leave, voluntary flexible benefits, paid volunteering days, and a contributory stakeholder pension. It's not just about the financial benefits my client offers - on-site you can also benefit from our restaurant, affordable gym membership, free parking, unlimited tea and coffee, and many other perks. You'll enjoy an exciting, agile working environment, with a vibrant culture and flexible approach to work, all of which reflects our teamwork and innovative spirit.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86288620