Contract Manager / Engineer, South West
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems - Smart systems. Smart traffic. Thinking mobility further through adaptable and modular solutions.
We are currently looking for a Contract Manager / Engineer to join our Intelligent Traffic System business in the South West region. As a Contract Manager, your primary responsibility is to ensure that all Installation activities on the contract are carried out to the required standard whilst making sure that turnover and margin targets are met.
In this multi-functional role, you will plan and set team objectives to ensure installation projects are completed on time, be a problem solver and have the ability to lead a motivate a team with a flexible approach.
What are your responsibilities?
- Line management responsibility for all installation and maintenance employees
- Manage performance and development of team in accordance with Siemens management standards
- Responsible for the contractual performance of the contract(s)
- Focus on improving Utilisation, waste, UBCS
- Planning jobs and ensuring orders are placed and resources coordinated to complete on schedule
- Control of Sub-contractors on site to ensure they meet our standards of performance, quality and health and safety
- Coach staff to fulfil safety and technical competence requirements
- Ensure that all health and safety audits are completed to schedule
- Ensure staff have regular communication through Team Brief etc and annual Dialogues
- Have regular customer contact, including attending meetings, to establish feedback against current works and, also, to gather an understanding of any potential future opportunities
- Respond to customer requests
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising them wherever possible
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- HNC / ONC Electrical qualification or equivalent technical experience (preferred)
- IOSH qualification or good understanding of Health and Safety at Work Act
- APM Introductory (desirable)
- Outlook - co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious.
- Flexibility - willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily.
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time.
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale.
- Leadership – able to guide, mentor and direct staff on site
- Organisation – able to manage a number of complex staff and organise materials, employees and sub-contractors
- Familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Projects
- Must hold full UK Driving License
- Experience of leading and supervising teams
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Make the future with us
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
Life at Siemens
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Great minds think differently
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86253610