GROUP FINANCE MANAGER
The successful candidate will direct and oversee all financial activities, to include the preparation of current and forecast financial reports, develop and implement best in class controls and procedures and actively engage with cross functional teams to support the group business objectives.
The position will support the Group FD in the preparation of budgets (zero based and scenario), monthly management information pack, forecasts and statutory reporting all in a timely and accurate manner. This includes 3 UK trading entities, and a consolidation including foreign trading companies within a 5-day reporting calendar. You will also contribute to the achievement of the company objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy, pricing margin, bid modelling, alongside overseeing all accounting procedures and systems used by the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of two, overseeing their work load, development, and be able and prepared to stand in on occasion. Operate a centralised accounting system, liaise with managers from and visit other sites in Oxfordshire.
- Review reports and analyse projections and long-term trends of sales and income, standard costs and overheads against actual figures and suggest methods of improvement. Hold monthly meetings with management to discuss the budgetary position and agree action plans where required, monitor and follow up.
- Investigate variances against budgets and provide insightful analysis of differences with follow up action plans.
- Maintain and report daily cash monitor and regular cash forecasts. Maintain regular bank reconciliations and cash posting.
- Perform and maintain month end. Undertake and monthly reporting to banks, including Invoice Discount account reconciliations.
- Credit Control, including follow up of outstanding debts and overseeing of invoicing.
- Maintain vigil on stock control and valuation.
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT return and PAYE compliance.
Skills / Attributes Required
Qualified Accountant, ACA, ACCA with PQE gained in a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with Group Accounting including consolidations and cashflow management
- Experience of Zero Based Budgeting would be an advantage
- Strong staff management skills.
- Experience of working at a senior level within finance.
- Excellent communication and team working skills with the ability to work with and influence others within a culture of Continuous Improvement.
- Strong IT skills including job costing systems and Microsoft Office.
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation please feel free to contact me on 01908 920682
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86233557