Service Engineer – Spider are advertising on behalf of our Client who are worldwide suppliers & purchasers of food processing machinery, packaging machinery, and refrigeration equipment to the food industry. Currently looking for a Service Engineer to be based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
As a Service Engineer your duties will include:
- Servicing and repairs at client's locations.
- Working on-site to maintain equipment, carry out inspections and repairs
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers to establish service contracts
- Working closely with suppliers to build strong relationships and keep ahead of changes.
- Improving efficiencies and costs of equipment maintenance to agreed levels
- Role is initially UK based so need to be willing to travel, with occasional overnight stays and in time there may be opportunity to work abroad
- Vehicle provided along with laptop and mobile phone
Key Skills and Attributes
- Strong background in service engineer role ideally within food packaging or processing manufacturing background
- Mechanical or electrical engineer qualification is desirable but practical experience is essential
- Supporting a flexible approach with a ‘fix it right first time' attitude
- Good customer service and relationship building skills
- Organised with strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Clean driving licence
As this is a local family run business, where you will be treated as an individual not a number are offering a generous salary from £30,000 to £40,000 (depending on experience) and with potential for overtime at time and a quarter as well as allowance for overnight stays.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join their company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV with Flexible working hours (please can you advise core hours). We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: service engineer, repair engineer, inspections, repairs, equipment maintenance, food manufacturing, packaging,
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.