JOB TITLE: Senior Engineer
LOCATION: Westlakes Science Park, Cumbria, CA24 3HZ
RATE: Up to £39.62 per hour
My client, Cavendish Nuclear, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish Nuclear is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and has offices and sites located across the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish Nuclear innovates to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and delivers across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle; from design and build, through to operations and maintenance, decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A role with the organisation is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When becoming part of the Cavendish Nuclear team, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Must hold either an engineering degree or be a Chartered Mechanical Engineer, preferably both
- Must be a design focused mechanical engineer
- Experience of managing several teams of Designers and Engineers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverables.
- Working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Presented at Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally at HAZOP studies.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Inventor
- Good knowledge of fabrication techniques
- Good knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy
- Good knowledge of Geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and standards.
IDEALLY YOU WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Experience of alpha plants and nuclear decommissioning would be an advantage
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
This role is specifically for a Mechanical Responsible Engineer position, working in a mixed Cavendish and customer engineering delivery team in Alpha Remediation. Since the RE position is duty role holder, the candidate must be SQEPable against the conditions of the SL RE role, and therefore must hold either an engineering degree or be a Chartered Mechanical Engineer, preferably both.
Brief Job Description
- Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
- Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
- Design Schemes
- Design Proposal Drawings
- Detail Drawings
- General Assemblies
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
- Technical Reports and Studies
- Design Justification Reports
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Take responsibility for delivery of multi-discipline work package to programme, budget and required quality.
Due to the large number of advert responses we cannot always reply to every candidate. We thank you for your application however if you have not heard back after 2 weeks than your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.