Imperial Brands PLC is a dynamic FTSE100 FMCG company headquartered in Bristol with a global workforce of around 32,000 people. Borne out of a strong tobacco heritage, we have continually evolved to embrace changing market dynamics and our purpose is to create something better for the world’s smokers. Our high-quality cigarette brands include Davidoff, Gauloises Blondes, JPS and West and we are increasingly focused on developing a leading portfolio of next generation products built around the vaping brand blu
Acquired by Imperial Brands Plc in 2017, Nerudia is a young and dynamic business which is wholly owned by Fontem Ventures, the NGP (Next Generation Products) arm of Imperial Brands
- Manage and lead a team of multi skilled engineers in a very fast paced Production environmentProvide strong engineering support in all areas of the facility to ensure the business achieves it Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targetsEnsuring all Engineering activities are conducted to the agreed GxP, regulatory standards and that safe working practices are current & adhered to at all times
Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expertAnswer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team and/or businessCreate detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use e.g. PPM’sIntroduce, develop and drive lean manufacturing methodologies; specifically, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) to drive machine reliability, efficiency and performancePropose and oversee budgets and timelines for engineering projectsCheck and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staffConduct various engineering tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projectsCo-ordinate, resource & manage all manufacturing (including development pilot plant) equipment and system commissioning, qualification & validation activitiesEnsure the following are effectively supported:
- Regulatory ComplianceProcess & Occupational Health Safety
- Monitor and determine various staffing & training needsDevelop and deploy a continuous learning and upskilling program for the team
Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally & externally
Skills & experience:
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment & comfortable with continual changeExperience of Design Controls, Change Control and Validation within a regulated industry, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Lean Manufacturing, Process Control Concepts, Design of Experiments (DOE), and design/process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)Excellent oral & written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the internal/external businessOrganisational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on trackExcellent knowledge of GxP i.e. GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), GDocP (Good Documentation Practices) and TPD (Tobacco Products Directive)Sound understanding/knowledge of industry H&S standardsDemonstrated project management experience and leadership skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and respective teams in a demanding fast-paced environmentStrong ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines with the capability to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives
What we offer:
Nerudia offers a competitive package of salary, pension and 25 days holiday, as well as onsite parking.
Interested applicants should apply with their CV highlighting their suitability for the role.