Methods is recruiting for a Delivery Manager to join our new Birmingham hub on a permanent basis with approximately 60% travel.
The post holder will be Birmingham or Home-based (this role will require regular UK travel and at times need you to stay away from home).
Since our establishment in 1990, Methods has partnered with a range of central government departments and agencies to transform the way the public sector operates in the UK.
Our mission is to improve and safeguard public-facing services. We apply digital thinking to ensure the future of our public services is centred around our citizens.
Our human touch sets us apart from other consultancies, system integrators and software houses - we have a customer-centric value system whereby we focus on delivering what is right for our clients.
We passionately support our clients in the success of their projects while working collaboratively to share skill sets and solve problems. At Methods we have fun while working hard; we are not afraid of making mistakes and learning from them.
As Delivery Manager you’ll run Agile delivery and transformation for Methods' clients across the UK. Your role will be to oversee and ensure the smooth running of multidisciplinary teams while helping to plan their work, remove blockers, and report progress.
The post holder will:
- Deliver products and services at any stage of the lifecycle (from Discovery through to Live)
- Plan and run assignments – planning resources and putting the right cadence in place for delivery
- Work with the client to ensure requirements are in place for delivery
- Ensure sure all projects risks are understood and communicated
- Build strong relationships with clients, help them learn new skills through mentoring and shadowing
Ideal candidates will demonstrate:
- A strong track record in delivering transformation, ideally within a public sector environment
- Knowledge and understanding of GDS Guidelines
- Experience of resourcing teams with the right people and skills and putting a structure in place allowing them to work iteratively in an agile fashion.
- Strong knowledge of Agile Delivery and lifecycle from Discovery to Live
- The ability to lead, collaborate and influence within a matrix organisation
- Strong influencing skills across varying levels of seniority
- Good knowledge of and passion for Digital Transformation
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in the Public Sector to GDS guidelines
- Experience using tools such as Jira, Trello, Google Suite
- SCRUM Certification
Am I the right fit? We're looking for:
- Strong collaboration and team working
- Good Communication skills
- Genuine passion/commitment to improving public services
- A determined and tenacious approach to work
- A creative approach to problem solving
- Good listening and comprehension
- Great stakeholder management
Why Join Us?
Methods is passionate about its people, we want our people to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect:
- Exciting project work
- Being part of a great culture and team
- Access to learning and development
- Being part of a supportive environment
As well as this, we offer:
Discretionary Company Bonus based on company and individual performance
Holiday 25 days a year (3 to be taken at Christmas)
Insurance Death in Service benefit of 4 times base salary
Medical Private Medical insurance provided (spouse and dependants included)
Pension Salary Exchange Scheme with 4% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution
Development Access to excellent development resources and opportunities across the business