Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - High Wycombe Area
Permanent - Attractive - Defence & Government Sector
A Senior Mechanical Engineer is required to join an innovative and Advanced Communication Systems Company that specialises within the Defence and Government Industry Sectors.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will report to the Mechanical Design Manager and responsible for the Mechanical Design of Electronics Communications Equipment and Enclosures/Packaging, from concept design, detail design and through to testing.
Responsibilities of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design of communications antennas and associated electronics housings.
- Design of machined, sheet metal and carbon fibre composite parts.
- Production of detail drawings and bills of materials of designs to Company standards.
- Produce high quality technical publications to support new designs.
- FEA on key structural components to simulate the effect in harsh environments.
- Predict their RF performance in extreme environments.
- Provision of technical support to production and sales.
- Mechanical environmental and EMC testing of communication systems.
- Completion of test reports & presentation to engineering teams, management & customers.
- Manage projects through the whole design cycle to defined timescales.
- Identify suitable manufacturing processes and suppliers, where appropriate, for parts.
Technical Requirements of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks 3D CAD package.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the design of electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience in the design of lightweight mechanisms and products.
- Experience in the design of machined and sheet metal parts.
- Experience in design to environmental and EMC standards.
- Ability to carry out accurate hand calculations and generate engineering spreadsheets.
- Ability to write detailed test reports.
- Good understanding of design for manufacture (DFM).
- Experience in the design of composite or moulded parts.
- Experience in the design of transit cases and or Systems packaging.
- Knowledge and experience of Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the products and the Industry sectors involved with this role.
If interested in this Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, then please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment by calling my direct line on +44 (0) 1384 446102 or apply directly. Alternatively, please send suitable MS Word Format CV's directly to this Email for review