About phs Wastekit and the role:
We are looking for an experienced Workshop Engineer to join our team. phs Wastekit offers a whole service solution to help businesses reduce their waste disposal costs. As well as supplying high quality baler and compactor machines, we offer servicing, maintenance and accessories suitable for all types of machine across the UK.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To strip and rebuild all machinery in the product range ensuring quality, productivity, environmental and safety standards are maintained in line with phs’ procedures.
Records and Documentation
• To liaise with the Supervisor/Manager daily, planning your working day accordingly.
• To complete all paperwork clearly according to the company procedures, accurately recording information on the Job-sheets (used parts, new and refurb), Timesheets and completed by the end of the working day.
• To maintain and use company issued equipment and vehicles in a safe manner.
• Ensure correct uniform is worn and kept in clean condition and always use PPE when it is required
• Work towards targets set by the Workshop Manager.
• To maintain confidentiality and use discretion always
• To attend training courses as agreed with your Manager.
• Shall have good fault-finding and diagnostic skills
• To be able to understand hydraulic and electrical circuit diagrams.
• Will be able to show and apply sound knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic principles
• Be able to use and understand various electrical and hydraulic test equipment
• To pass on any technical knowledge that may help other engineers.
• Use good engineering practice and standards always.
• Update engineering knowledge when able.
• Always use cost effective but safe measures to carry out tasks
• Can work with the minimum of supervision
• To attend meetings and training courses as required by your Line Manager.
Health, Safety and Environmental Responsibilities
• To comply with the Company Health and Safety Policy and that of Customers when at their sites.
• Adhere to Risk Assessment, Method Statements and Safe Systems of Work
• To carry out all operations and activities in the prescribed and safe manner.
• Use the correct tools and equipment for the operation including any relevant safety equipment or protective clothing.
• Report any defects in tools or protective clothing immediately.
• Avoid improvising or taking short cuts, which would entail unauthorised or unnecessary risks.
• Maintain a clean and tidy working area and vehicle.
• Report all accidents, near misses and incidents promptly in the prescribed manner.
• Suggest ways of eliminating or reducing hazards.
• Co-operate with accident/incident investigations in order to prevent reoccurrence.
• Always have a personal concern for your own safety, that of your colleagues and customers
• Set a personal example.
• Comply with all phs Health, Safety and Environmental Procedures
• Dispose of any waste product or parts as per company procedures
Desirable Knowledge and Qualifications.
• Ideally from a service engineering /electrical, hydraulic or mechanical workshop background. With an ability to demonstrate the skill of fault finding.
• Electrical and/or mechanical engineering qualifications.
• Competent in the use of electrical and hydraulic test equipment.
• A sound knowledge of single and three phase electrical equipment and hydraulic circuits.
• Competent to work on electrical and hydraulic circuits
• A mature disciplined approach