Payroll Team Leader
Due to internal promotion, our client based in Manchester City Centre are recruiting for an experienced Payroll Team Leader to join their department on a temporary to permanent basis.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will supervise a team of 4 payroll administrators, ensuring the timely and accurate processing of weekly and monthly payroll.
- Processing of accurate payroll from weekly and monthly paid employees
- Supervision of payroll administrators, including training and support
- First point of escalation for the Payroll Administrators, managing day-to-day issues
- Overseeing team tasks and assisting where needed and providing holiday and absence cover
- Liaising with the Payroll Manager in setting up new TUPE information in addition to inputting new starter details
- Providing technical support internally within the department for the systems, including ongoing maintenance of background processes
- Experience leading a payroll team or in a Senior Payroll Officer capacity
- Comprehensive technical payroll experience
- Ability to perform complex manual payroll calculations
- Advanced knowledge of payroll legislation
- Good knowledge of pension legislation
- Ability to check data and reconcile reports
- Willingness to consult colleagues and to work as part of a team
- Good systems skills and strong MS Excel knowledge
If this role sounds of interest and you have the necessary experience required, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86230082