Production Engineering Manager
Job title: Production Engineering Manager
Location: Hampshire, commutable from: Durrington, Andover, Basingstoke, Winchester, Whitchurch, Newbury, Burbage, Marlborough, Stockbridge etc.
Salary: £45,000-£50,000 + Excellent Benefits
Production Engineering Manager required to join our client in Hampshire.
Due to an exponential growth and demand our client are looking to add several positions to their business. Here is one of their requirements for a Production Engineering Manager to join the Operations & Production team.
This is an opportunity to join a well established yet rapidly growing business that design a range of products used within a scientific environment. This business has been growing at 25% year on year and there is no sign of this slowing down. In October they will be moving to a new facility just up the road to give them more space to grow!
For the Production Engineering Manager position, we are looking for an individual to understand the manufacturing challenges and champion both automation solutions, lean interventions and manage the Production Engineering team as we evolve from a small to medium volume manufacturer.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the leadership team where you will make a huge impact into the way we manufacture our products and be instrumental to the success of the business.
What is on offer?
- Competitive Salary (£45,000-£50,000)
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Share Incentive Plan
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
What is the role?
As a Production Engineering Manager, you will report into the Operations Director and will look after a small team which will consist of Production Engineers, Process Engineer and a Mechanical CAD Engineer.
For the Production Engineering Manager, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate successful Lean implementation experience to confidently challenge the status quo but bring all colleagues along as we embark the journey of growth and change.
As a Production Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- New Product Introduction (NPI) – support the projects team to drive design for Manufacture, Assembly, Test and Six Sigma.
- Continuous improvement of existing manufacturing lines.
- Development of manufacturing & test systems for new and existing products.
- Liaison with suppliers to integrate complete solutions
- Management and control of the implementation of engineering changes, day to day production support and the generation of supporting product and process instructions.
Here are some of the Skills that are involved within the Production Engineering Manager’s role:
- Lean manufacturing experience (Kaizen, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping.
- Six Sigma experience ideally green or black belt certified.
- Manufacturing cell design (Jigs & Fixtures, Tooling, Poke Yoke mistake proofing).
- Manufacturing automation design and development.
- Test systems design & development.