Excellent and immediate opportunities available for two skilled Maintenance Engineers to join one of the world’s largest food manufacturers. Now sought are a number of Multi-skilled (Electrical or Mechanical) Maintenance Engineers
The Maintenance Engineers will provide engineering support and expertise by maintaining plant and equipment to optimise safety, quality and plant performance. The Maintenance Engineers role works alongside the Operations department supporting the factory to achieve maximum output through planned and preventative action.
- Maintenance of all process and packing equipment, site services and utilities
- Adherence to strict safety procedures and identification of safety improvements
- Issuing of permits to work and use of the isolation procedures
- Following and promoting stringent health & safety and hygiene related processes
- Involvement in continuous improvement projects and TPM
- Contribute to control of spares and equipment purchased
- Use of Computerised Maintenance system to monitor and analyse machine performance
- Engineering support for plant start up, shutdown and changeovers
- Training and development of Junior Engineers
- Possess HNC/ONC qualification in a mechanical OR electrical engineering discipline (Ideally Apprentice trained)
- Multi-Skilled Engineer with either Electrical or Mechanical bias
- Ability to fault find on PLC – Ideally Allen Bradley
- Understanding of IT Skills ideally – SAP Experience
- Experience with coaching and teaching other Engineers
- Committed to quality, hygiene, safety, high standards of performance and accuracy
Please note, owing to the ingredients used, this environment is not suited to applicants with nut or wheat allergies or severe asthma related conditions.
The role is working 12 hour rotating shifts, following a set shift pattern including weekend working.
This company prides itself on developing Engineers and has a low staff turnover, most of the management and senior management team developed from within the business.
Based in the South West, this role is commutable from within and around the following locations: Bath, Salisbury and Chippenham.
For further information call Michal.
Looking for a job involved with maintenance, service or design for automated machinery, control systems, process control solutions or systems integration projects? Register your details on our website where you will find a full list of live positions where a customised automated search process allows immediate access to new vacancies as they are registered. Free, confidential service.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits.
As a registered engineer, you are automatically a member of our 'Referral Scheme' thereby receiving £500.00 (tax free) for Engineers that you recommend to us that we place in permanent employment.
Automation Experts offer recruitment services on a contract and permanent basis; We support many of the leading companies throughout the UK.
Thank you for your interest, if your experience is suitable for this position, please call the advising Consultant ASAP. NB. We cannot guarantee a response to every application.