Retail Business Manager
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Retail Business Manager
1 Territory in North West UK (Manchester)
1 Territory in North East UK (North or West Yorkshire)
1 Territoy in South West UK (Exeter)
Salary: £27,067 - £33,833 basic, plus Sales Incentive and Bonus, Lease Car Provided
We are looking for Retail Business Managers to cover our North West UK and North East UK territory. This role reports into the National Sales Manager and sits within the Sales and Marketing function of Royal Canin
The purpose of the job is to ensure retail customers support Royal Canin in the independent pet trade. The objectives are to ensure the customers buy into our category led perfect store program and implement all elements, including range, display, training and events, as part of the strategic revenue management (SRM) program.
An associate will gain valuable experience in implementing a category led change program, along with the application of qualitative trading terms in a fast moving speciality pet sales channel within a SRM framework.
In this role you will:
- Ensure the right range of products are on sale in the right way in the customer base as per the Royal Canin Perfect Store program
- Develop sales and visibility through agreeing trading terms and the best way of using them for mutual benefit within the strategic revenue management framework
- Identify and land new business opportunities and prospects
- Support new products and promotions in partnership with the marketing team
- Own the appearance of the shelf through personal intervention and close liaison with the merchandising team
- Improve retailer product knowledge through available training tools
What you will need:
An understanding of the FMCG sales & negotiation process is essential, with an understanding of field-based customer management. It would be preferable but not essential to have experience in the specialist pet trade.
GCSEs including Maths & English as a minimum educational standard as well as being IT Literate (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
FMCG Customer relationship management & Working remotely in a sales environment is preferred
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Excellent learning & development opportunities
- A role with great autonomy and exposure to senior management