An opportunity has arisen to join a highly successful growth business based on the outskirts of Edinburgh as a Finance Analyst on a permanent basis.
This business has built up a prestigious reputation in the Scottish market for setting and raising industry standards. This early stage business has grown significantly since inception and are on track to become a market leader within 5 years. Their business plans and model are highly impressive with a predicted 50% increase in turnover over the next 12-24 months.
The position of Finance Analyst requires a highly analytically minded individual who is capable of business partnering with senior internal and external stakeholders. The position of Finance Analyst is a pivotal role within the Finance Team carrying out our daily finance processing and reporting function. You will analyse financial data to understand areas where the business can become more efficient, streamlined and cost effective. Due to the company’s size and continued growth this is an organisation where internal progression and development is a priority.
This role is fast paced where requirements can change in line with business needs. These duties are a general view of what will be required however, significant levels of flexibility and adaptability will be required for this role.
The role of Finance Analyst will offer a highly competitive salary of £23,000 - £27,000 plus benefits including full study support. The business is based on the outskirts of Edinburgh and has parking facilities available onsite.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Analysis of the monthly financial performance and reports of individual business units against objectives
- Preparing detailed month end accruals with a detailed breakdown, supported by clear backup / audit trail
- Prepare, and distribute Monthly Overhead reports to budget holders to support performance management and target achievement
- Assist in preparing the Group’s annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- To ensure the chart of accounts is maintained correctly in all of its dimensions (individual elements all the way through to reporting structures)
- Monitoring of any upcoming increases in direct cost, incorporating these into forecasting models
- Provide analysis and support to the Finance Manager wen required
- Providing payroll information to our outsourced payroll provider to allow them to run payroll, liaising with HR and preparing the monthly journal entries
To be considered for this role you must have the following experience:
- Degree Qualified
- Actively studying an Accountancy qualification - ACCA/CIMA/ICAS
- Analytically minded with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to liaise, interact and influence senior stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Robinson for a private & confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.