Learning and Development Manager
Learning and Development Manager
Location: Croydon, London, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester or Leeds
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It’s a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
At Arcadis we are looking for a Learning Development Manager to lead the development of our new online Learning Platform (CareerZone- focus soft skills) and support the business in becoming a CMI accredited in-house learning center.
As a Learning and Development Manager you will report into the Head of L&D and be responsible for implementing a new learning platform with a mixture of resources (E-learning modules, Podcasts, Webinars, University lectures, etc.), which will allow employees to learn about key careers skills.
Alongside the CareerZone, you will have the opportunity to build the training portfolio for the digital agenda from its infancy stages. Within this role you would work closely with Technical Senior Leaders to understand the L&D needs of their departments. This aim is that the Digital L&D Manager will become a subject matter expert who liaises between the needs of Arcadians regarding digital training and the L&D department.
We are looking for someone who is confident in taking on a large project, which is still in its early stages and develop, grow and implement it. The aim is that this platform will be available to around 4,500 UK employees and it already has the stakeholder support to become a key resource at Arcadis.
Furthermore, Arcadis is in the process of becoming a CMI accredited in-house Learning Centre, which will be able to deliver fully accredited qualifications to our employees. As an L&D Manager you would support this and furthermore, lead the delivery of accredited qualifications within this realm. As an L&D Manager you will lead the development and implementation of our in-house learning centre with our Head of L&D.
If you are looking for an opportunity to shape the digital L&D agenda of a business and want to apply your knowledge to help Arcadis improve the quality of life of Arcadians… don’t look any further and apply below.
- Project Management of the creation of content for the Career Zone for professional and interpersonal skills.
- Challenging defined training needs to ensure that they link to defined business needs
- Ensuring that training solutions are designed and delivered to a high quality which meets the needs of the business.
- Work with the UK Learning and Development Lead to understand and deliver professional & interpersonal skills training across the business
- Identify training and development needs through job analysis, appraisal information and regular consultation with the Business Managers and HR
- Liaison with key stakeholders / internal clients to define training requirements, in order to design, implement & deliver training and development programmes based on the needs of the business especially in the digital space.
- Project manage the creation of training resources & materials to meet the needs of differing learning styles.
- Research social learning technologies/methodologies in workplace learning and make recommendations especially as they relate to our digital agenda.
- Line management of one Learning and Development Advisor
- Must hold a Level 7/Master or similar qualification
- Experience in developing online learning platforms, and managing, designing and delivering professional training programmes
- Extensive knowledge and experience of training methodologies
- Ability to translate Strategy into Implementation
- Confident, approachable, positive and resilient with the ability to gain the trust and confidence of leaders in our business
- Desired: previous experience with in-house learning centres
- A willingness to travel to all Arcadis locations
Why Arcadis?At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people