iMultiply are delighted to be engaged exclusively on the permanent position of Assistant Accountant based in Edinburgh city centre.
This group owns, manages and runs a portfolio of prestigious bars & restaurants based in Edinburgh. The business is currently going through an exciting period of growth and has significant financial backing to add further establishments to its already impressive collection.
The position of Assistant Accountant is to support all aspects of financial and management accounting. The successful applicant will be required to assist with maintaining the transactional processing for the entire business including developing processes, procedures and controls. This role would ideally suit who has worked in a similar role operating within a SME environment and requires a "roll the sleeves up" attitude and is happy to get involved in all aspects of the day to day running of the business.
The role of Assistant Accountant will offer a competitive salary of £25,000-27,000 base salary as well as additional company benefits package. The office premises are based in Edinburgh city centre and easily accessible via public transport
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Maintaining the purchase and sales ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Helping where required in the preparation of statutory accounts supporting schedules
- Processing payroll
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Previous experience within a similar finance position
- Experience using the accountancy software Xero would be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Robinson for a private & confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.