Client Manager, Bookkeeping and Payroll
We are an energetic, young business with big ambitions. Please read our company profile to help understand a little more about what we stand for and we love to look after each other - we are one team who work together and aim to have fun.
We are looking for a customer focused Bookkeeper with high standards to join a growing and successful payroll and bookkeeping business based in Hartley Wintney, Hampshire. You will be visiting new and existing customers, as well working at our own office carrying out your responsibilities as detailed below.
We are a local provider of payroll,bookkeeping and business growth consultancy services for businesses across a range of industries and have exciting opportunity to join our friendly, fun, expanding team on a permanent basis.
This is a varied, customer facing role which will help the business to grow and will involve building and maintaining strong working relationships with our clients, providing outstanding bookkeepingand payroll service and support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Encourage and support our customers with smart ways of working including smartphoneapps and cloud software.
- Accurately record spend, this includes transactions for bills, receipts, out of pocket expenses, journals for payroll and other journals as required.
- Accurately record all sales, this may include direct sales or cash book entries (e.g. daily takings from a Z list).
- Reconciliation of all accounts on a monthly basis (bank accounts, credit cards etc)
- Submission of VAT returns.
- Sending bank payments to be completed in a timely manner allowing for time to authorise the payment before it is due.
- Settling client’s sales invoices (credit control).
- Many of the clients require a complete service, which includes payroll services in addition to their bookkeeping.
The ideal candidate will have
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Willingness to be part of a small, growing team
- Vibrant and tenacious with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to be proactive and work on their own
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients
- A tactful and diplomatic approach to duties and clients
- Good organisation skills
Experience / Skills Required
Previous bookkeeping experience and / or payroll
Experience of cloud based accountancy systems, i.e. Sage, Quickbooks, Xero
Ideally ICB, AAT or IAB
Although the job is advertised as full-time, we are happy to consider applications for less than full-time or to consider flexible working (e.g. 4 long days per week). If in doubt, please ask.
Some quotes form our team, include:
- "It's lovely, it's funny and friendly. It is like one big happy family." - Joanne, Client Manager
- "It's a relaxed, friendly environment. I always feel supported in my role" - Nicola, Client Manager
- "The job is challenging, exciting and rewarding, every day is different" - Sarah, Client Manager
We love meeting new people and are even more excited to welcome new team members to join us - we cannot wait to hear from you.