Credit Controller - £25,000 bonus and benefits
My Cheltenham based client has a new role for a Credit Controller to join their team asap. This is a fantastic local employer with many benefits.
Salary: up to £25,000 + Bonus & Company Benefits
The objective of the Credit Controller is to manage the credit accounts of our customers in line with the company’s credit policy; to keep customers within their agreed terms and escalating where further action is required.
The credit controller will proactively support the business to achieve sales and profit growth through understanding and making visible the credit risk associated with their ledger to advise on potential sales opportunities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Managing the credit accounts & associated risk of their delegated section of the ledger
- Processing new account applications, assessing creditworthiness with tools such as Experian and setting of credit limits and payment terms
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers to collect overdue payments, manage their payment options and finding appropriate resolutions to their account queries
- Review credit limits in line with changing risk and/or payment history and releasing, where relevant, customer orders and accounts on holds.
- Reconciling customer accounts by regularly allocating payments to reduce unallocated cash
- Maintaining up to date account notes and recording communications with customers
- Understand, analyse and report on the overall credit risk of their ledger
Working to achieve departmental and individual targets and KPI’s to improve performance
- Measuring performance against KPIs
- Using problem solving techniques to proactively identify improvements to the way we operate.
Working with external and internal customers to drive business growth
- Collaborating effectively with internal teams and field based colleagues to maintain customer accounts and resolving outstanding queries
- Respond promptly to allocated tasks in the CRM queue to maintain a good level of service to our internal customers.
Other tasks that are reasonably asked, including but not limited to:
- Sending of copy invoices, proofs of delivery, statements, reminder letters and final demands
- Contributing to team initiatives and projects for the UK Sales & EDM Finance department.
- Using electronic invoicing platforms and dealing with Proforma payments supported by the Finance Assistant
In return, we offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank Holidays)
- Enhanced Group Personal Pension Plan
- Enhanced Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity policy
- Comprehensive Private Healthcare
- Cycle scheme vouchers
- Sharesave scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised restaurants
- Personal Discounts Portal
- Discretionary bonus
If this role is of interest to you then please get in contact with Cat at i2i Recruitment today for immediate consideration!
We like to speak to every application, but due to the current climate this is not always possible. To ensure your application is not overlooked it is important that you emphasize any skills or work experience relevant to this position. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance.
i2i Recruitment Ltd is a leading independent employment agency providing staffing solutions across specialist areas. We are a corporate member of the REC and are dedicated to provide a professional quality of service to clients and candidates alike.