3rd Line Support Engineer
What’s the role?
You’ll provide 3rd Line WAN/LAN support to our enterprise estate customers. As a senior engineer you will be responsible for resolving complex faults, undertaking root cause analysis for major incidents, supporting 1st and 2nd line teams through mentoring and coaching and working with vendors on design and product issues.
At the forefront of Technology, you will also be supporting new technology, service & solution acceptance from implementation into 3rd line support.
What will you be doing?
• Fulfilment of technical on-call activities for activities 24x7
• Root Cause analysis for complex major incidents & escalated faults
• Assisting with the definition, & embedding, of a consistent set of processes & measures across all key interfaces
• Supporting the on-going development of 'frontline’ Customer Service teams
• Where required, supporting new technology, service & solution acceptance from into 3rd line support
Most of the work will be on a business as usual (standard hours) but you will also be required to be part of a 24/7 on call rota.
To be successful in the role you will have exceptional troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, gained over several years supporting carrier and enterprise class business critical networks (LAN/WAN). The ability to oversee technical problem management, analyse plan and implement changes as part of continuous improvement activities. You’ll also demonstrate engagement with designers at peer level and be working with them throughout project and programme lifecycles to deliver efficient supportable and high performing networks
Ideally, you will have the following Technical Knowledge:
• Industry recognised vendor qualification to senior or expert level. Holding at least two of the following: Cisco/Juniper/Alcatel/Nortel CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE, JNCIA, NRS, SRA
• Strong protocol level understanding of TCP/IP, MPLS, IS-IS, BGP, OSPF etc
What’s in it for you?
Great reward with a competitive basic. We will also throw in 28 days’ holiday. You will get to work with a fun, diverse and driven team who love what they do and a leadership team who listen, support and inspire you to be your very best!
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.