Automotive Assistant Buyer
Our client was started in 1919 and even today, the business is run by the Draper family. With what is now a well-developed 'Draper' brand, they import and sell quality tools from all around the World.
Our client are one of the leading hand and power tool companies in the UK, providing quality tools to an extensive UK and Export distribution customer base.
It is an exciting time to be joining Our client in our centenary year and they have a fantastic opportunity for an Automotive Assistant Buyer to join our Buying team.
What can they offer you?
- Competitive salary of up to £26,000 per annum
- Holidays rising to 25 days*
- Pension scheme
- Private health scheme*
- Staff discount on their products
- Subsidised canteen
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
*after qualifying period
What will I be doing?
As a member of our automotive specialist product team, you will assist with bringing new and innovative products to market. Duties include:
- Assist the Buying team with identifying and sourcing products which extend and evolve the existing product range
- Work closely with the Sales and Warehouse teams to analyse sales Vs stock and keep stock levels optimised
- Be aware of market changes, competitor activity and current and forthcoming industry changes
- Ensure any product related changes are communicated to the relevant departments within the business
- General correspondence with suppliers including sample requests, order information and pricing
- Support supplier negotiations
- Attendance to UK and international trade fairs and end-user shows
- Work alongside the Marketing department to design and proof product packaging and marketing and sales materials
The ideal Automotive Assistant Buyer:
- Previous purchasing experience within a fast-paced automotive or similar environment is preferable
- An automotive technical qualification and/or previous experience in a technical automotive role
- A natural flair for product trend and innovation
- Passion for the automotive market and our products
- Self-motivation and ability to resolve conflicting priorities and manage multiple projects
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
To register your interest as our Automotive Assistant Buyer, please click ‘apply’ to send your CV and covering letter to us.
Role: Automotive Assistant Buyer
Location: Chandler’s Ford
Hours of Work: Full-time
Salary: up to £26,000 per annum
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.