Assistant Financial Accountant
Opportunity to join a well-established public sector organisation based in Norwich city centre.
Your new company
You will be joining a well-established public sector organisation based in Norwich city centre that requires an Assistant Financial Accountant to join their Financial Accounting team for a minimum of 6 months.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Deputy Director of Finance you will be responsible for:
- Completing and maintaining accurate cash books on a daily basis
- Preparing daily cash statements
- Raising cheques, payable orders and input electronic transfer details
- Resolve cheque and BACS queries
- Maintaining a full audit trail to substantiate use of all cheques
- Co-ordinate the distribution of error reports and ensure all related control accounts are cleared monthly
- Reconcile cashbooks to bank account on a daily basis
- Undertake monthly control account reconciliation's ensuring outstanding items are cleared
- Attend and participate in Finance Team meeting where appropriate
- Cover other areas of the team during a team members absence
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed you will have to have experience in the above core areas. Having the initiative to prioritise certain tasks ensuring everything is completed to certain deadlines is essential.
You will either be studying AAT or have the direct experience that this client is looking for to be considered.
Good communication and organisation skills are a must also, again reiterating the importance of every task being completed on time.
A positive attitude with good interpersonal skills are another two qualities that you'll have in order to be successful with this application
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.