1st Line Support Engineers Required
Armstrong Knight are currently partnered with dynamic and expanding Property development company based in East London
Over the past couple years the company have expand their operation further into Europe, and they now require further support to bolster the IT function of the business.
They are currently looking for a 1st line support engineer with at least 1 year experience in either 1st line support or a related role, ideally within an IT/ ticketed environment.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist with designing, installing and maintaining the communications, file sharing and general IT resources
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches)
- Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Technical support for people using the network
- Day to day admin and monitoring of network use
- Planning future improvements, suggesting IT solutions to business problems
- Monitor and respond to incoming IT support requests from users via the support request ticketing system
- Ensure any support requests not received via the ticketing system are properly logged on the system
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis and implementing temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring normal service as soon as possible, escalating incidents to technical support teams of service providers and suppliers and following up where necessary and communicating incident progress updates to the business and/or affected user(s) till final resolution
- Diagnose hardware faults and identify, fit and test appropriate replacement equipment
- Plan, perform and test upgrades of system software, user software and device firmware
- Configure, administer and troubleshoot problems with mobile phones, tablets, and other mobile devices
- Troubleshoot and resolve printing problems
- Maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and courteously
- Provide support for the Avaya, Cisco and Polycom VOIP phone system
- Actively support remote sites with routine and reactive visits
- Accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system
- Actively develop and maintain documentation of all IT systems and process
- Operate, test and maintain scheduled server backup processes
- Perform data recovery when required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products; (Office 365)
- Knowledge of Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7-10;
- Organisational skills;
- Strong Communication skills;
- A meticulous & analytical nature;
- Capable of working well under pressure.
This position requires a candidate who is immediately available, and it will be on an initial contract basis with the strong possibility of becoming a permanent role within the business.
Please apply if you are immediately available to start a new role as soon as next week.