Graduate PR Executive
We have an exciting opportunity for a graduate looking for a career in tech PR to join our client’s team based in South East London as a Graduate PR Executive.
Our client is an international B2B technology PR consultancy with over 20 years’ experience. They have featured in PR Week’s Top 20 Tech PR Agency and were the winners of PR Week’s ‘Most Rated by Journalists’ award. Our client works with a broad range of businesses and manages successful PR and Marketing campaigns for clients across multiple industries.
As a Graduate PR Executive, you will be working in a team of PR and Marketing experts to execute communications campaigns using a combination of traditional, digital and social media tools and techniques.
You will be involved in writing and producing Press releases and blogs; tracking industry news and hot topics in the Press; pitching to the media and supporting social media campaigns.
You will also support the PR account team and play a key role in monitoring and measuring all PR and social media activity, as well as reporting on the accounts assigned to you to ensure the team is aware of the latest activity status and account performance.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Effective management of reporting and administration – e.g. recording actions on client Update Reports, monitoring client press coverage and social media activity
• Developing your knowledge of Internet monitoring tools - such as Google Analytics, HubSpot, Response Source and Cision
• Dealing with with key influencers such as journalists, clients and other industry professionals in a professional and confident manner
• Logging media enquiries and the appropriate response action
• Identifying and assisting in developing client news.
• Developing an understanding of integrated marketing and PR campaign tactics that impact client / business narrative
• Developing an excellent knowledge of B2B Technology publications and media influencers
• Developing an understanding of the use of Twitter and LinkedIn for B2B PR and a building your knowledge of other social media monitoring tools / applications
• Supporting your team to drive internal and client related social media campaigns
• Client social media account activity and engagements with our client’s social media
• Developing and understanding of each of your client’s business and the reasons and strategies behind client campaign objectives
• Taking an increasingly active role in day-to-day contact with clients regarding ongoing tasks and account progress
• Producing client meeting minutes, contact reports and transcripts
As a Graduate PR Executive, you will need mental agility, tact, diplomacy and a creative flair to help achieve results. To be successful in your application to this role, you will need:
• A degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English Literature or related field
• An understanding of PR tactics applicable to the B2B technology industry, rather than B2C
• Understanding of what makes a newsworthy story
• An interest in technology
• Hard-working and committed
• Superb written and oral communications
• Strong ability to plan and implement work
• Effective team worker
• Responsive when under pressure
• Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task, work in a team environment, and meet strict deadlines
• Proficiency in computers/IT and standard office applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
Salary & Hours
As a Graduate PR Executive, you will work from 9:00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and there is a salary on offer of £15,000 per annum, rising to £18,000 upon successful completion of a 3-month trial period.
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Digital, Digital Marketing, Marketing, PR, Public Relations,