6 months rolling
£20 per hour - negotiable
Operational Buyer needed!
Operational buyer needed for a leading electrical and manufacturing business.
You will work within the manufacturing procurement team and play a key role in the Manufacturing Operations. The successful applicant will continually seek to improve efficiency through the development of best practice procurement techniques.
- Continuous supplier communication to ensure on time supply of components
- Rationalise the supply base and manage supplier relationships to ensure contract compliance
- Achieve costs savings in line with department targets
- Actively support the Commodity Managers with tactical and transactional requirements
- Utilise the commodity strategies in place and support development of new strategies
- Identify opportunities to remove non value added costs/tasks within the procurement environment.
- Play an active and significant role in multi disciplined teams for the procurement of components for new projects.
- Be responsible for a significant spend
- Work with internal stakeholders
- Co-ordinate, monitor and report upon supplier performance
- Ensuring Pro-active supplier order book management of the team in support of our performance metrics
- Prepare, issue and review suppliers, recommending preferred options on complex design and build products, following through to release of purchase Order
- Negotiate the purchase of materials and equipment required by the company ensuring that these meet specifications and can be delivered at the correct time at the most favorable prices
- Monitor purchase orders to ensure that these are modified to meet changes in requirements
- Management supplier open order, expedite where required and ensure on time delivery to planned requirements is met
- CIPS qualified/part qualified.
- Educated to Degree Level (Undergraduate)
- Ability to work/liaise with cross-functional departments
- Must be self-motivated with a flexible approach
- Ability to prioritise and balance the teams workload
- Demonstrate good commercial acumen and understand purchasing principles
- Ability to negotiate and influence to build supplier partnerships
- Commercial awareness with a sense of organisational sensitivity regarding information security
- Innovative, proven ability to introduce improvements and achieve cost reductions
- Fluent communications skills, both verbal and written, along with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly numerate and PC literate
- Experience of MRP/ERP system and Microsoft Excel