Location: Basildon, Essex
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Candidates must hold a full UK licence and have access to their own vehicle.
- Processing received revenue accurately and efficiently to insurance ledgers and making timely payments in insurers.
- Processing of client payments received in electronic wire transfers, cash, cheques, and credit card transactions
- Reconciling payments, receipts and journal entries, highlighting and investigating discrepancies
- Complete insurer payments by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling statements.
- Credit control, statement production, contacting clients via email to chase outstanding premiums
- Using the online banking system
- Communicating frequently with account handlers and staff members
- General office duties/ filing
- Reporting to line manager regularly
- Completing all processes within the current company standards
- 5 A*-C GCSEs including Maths and English or equivalent. AAT qualified preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience within either an Accounts receivable or Accounts payable role.
- Experience of working with Insurance preferred but not essential
- Candidates are offered the chance to take their AAT’s & support given to those already doing so.
- A highly numerate and accurate individual is essential with excellent
skills in data entry
- Be able to effectively work within a team using their own initiative and engage well with other members of the team.
- Demonstrate a confidence and ability to communicate efficiently with external customers and colleagues at all levels within the organisation
- To be flexible and adaptable to change
- Maintaining an organised and methodical mind-set
- Ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic