Junior Front End Developer
About Social Vend
We create interactive and rewarding social experiences through smart vending machines and interactive kiosks. Our custom built machines are mostly used for short term events and long term installs to help advertisers and retailers better understand their audience. We have worked with some of the worlds largest brands including McDonalds, RedBull and Pepsi to name a few.
- Working with touch interfaces - What you develop will only be used on a multitouch display.
- Ability to work independently
- Smooth animation and frame rate analysis - Our UI's should always act and feel like a fully native experience.
- Pulling apart designs - Most UI's will be provided in Sketch or Illustrator files and it will be your job to pull the assets out of these and assemble them in your code.
- Communicating - Working alongside our clients design teams to create logical and easy to use interface.
- Working with the canvas - As our UI's do not need to be accessible we work in the canvas whenever the performance boost is needed.
What you will be doing:
60% - Building single page UI's for client projects
20% - Contributing to our "Control Interface" which is used by our customers to make sure their machine is running smoothly and update its configuration
20% - Answering support queries (Slack, GitHub and group emails)
(Knowledge of the below is not a must, but a bonus - we will help you, you just need to be willing to learn)
We offer successful candidates:
- We run solely on Chrome (no cross-browser testing here!)
- Our screens are always a fixed size (no need to worry about responsiveness either)
- On-site Training
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 28 days holiday per year
- Flexible working from home when needed
- Friday night drinks
- Gym membership
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity