1st Line Support Analyst / Helpdesk
1st Line Support Analyst / Helpdesk with full training - City, London
A fantastic and rare opportunity to get into the IT Industry, in an entry level position with training on the job!
This IT Consultancy provides products, solutions and services to 10,000+ users across the Insurance Market. They are seeking someone with a great personality to represent them as part of the Helpdesk handling support calls from end users.
You will be required to confidently guide the end users on how to use the systems correctly and to resolve the call. Your ability to support the end users on a more technical level will depend on your technical knowledge and experience, and training will be provided on the job to help you increase your skills in this area. In the meantime, you will be able to escalate the more technical queries to ensure that the call is resolved efficiently and effectively.
As well as handling first line support calls alongside other members of the support team, you will be involved in various administrative functions associated with application and helpdesk support. This will include creating and maintaining procedure documents, working on reporting functions, data and trend analysis. Training for this will also be provided on the job.
Knowledge and Skills (Preferred, not essential)
- Dealing with clients and customers. Preferably related to application support.
- Familiarity with using the Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Structured and methodical way of working, with attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise your workload and multi task is a key requirement
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Able to work closely with other team members.
- Great communicator
- Willing to take ownership of assigned tasks
- Friendly, helpful and empathetic approach to customer service
- Flexible on working hours and willingness to provide out of hours support when required
- Able to demonstrate a passion for quality and pride in their work; an enquiring mind and the desire to constantly improve their skills and knowledge.
This is a client facing role and so the candidate must be articulate and speak and write fluent English.