Data Analytics Manager
Data Analytics Consulting
Based in Central London
Salaries range from £50,000 - £90,000 + Bonus + Benefits
My client is a boutique consulting firm who are looking for numerical, analytical Data Analysts at various levels, to join their growing practice delivering professional services to a range of financial institutions, including investment banks, hedge funds and central banks, and energy, retail, telecoms, utilities and government clients.
This would be a great role for if you are looking to work on complex data analytics problems in a big data environment. You will be working on proactive fraud prevention management, anti-money laundering, concept clustering, social network analysis, sentiment analysis, data visualization and dashboarding, developing their centres of excellence internally and their overall service offerings.
Please note for all roles, the skills which you have gained that could be applied to these roles are more important than the type of data you have worked with.
At all levels you must have experience in one or more of the following:
- Data analysis, data manipulation and an understanding of common data quality problems
- Data management/engineering skills: SQL; ETL; Python
- Visualisation skills: Qlikview; Tableau; D3
- It is essential you have a minimum of a Degree in a technical or analytical based subject (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering)
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Lead teams of data analysts
- Take a lead role with clients from project conception through to delivery
- Deliver expertise around some of the following: statistical modeling; database modeling; structuring complex datasets in order to achieve robust data mining capability
- Take a hands-on role in the above techno-analytical work as necessary
- Actively contribute to the definition and evolution of the service line; contribute ideas to improve methodology and techniques and the team as a whole
- The successful candidate will be an established Senior Manager, this role will offer a direct route to Director, and Partner level
Depending on experience you will need to show experience of, or the ability to develop skills in the following:
- Show great skill in stakeholder and project management
- Be proactive, diligent and interested in the subject matter; you won’t be the sort of person who is always waiting for the next stage of the process: you will be inquisitive and proactive
- Show great attention to detail
- Desire to work in a leading consulting firm (with this comes a structured career path, regular appraisals, with specific KPIs you come up with in order to further your own career)
- In-depth analysis of complex data
- Experience in writing reports and presentations to explain the findings
- Ability to come up with solutions to complex problems
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
This is a great place to develop a career, as the organisation has an excellent reputation on a global scale. You will have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts and to learn new disciplines as you grow within the firm. The successful candidates will perform a client delivery focused role, which typically involves the management, manipulation and analysis of data and transformations using innovative techniques to leverage insight into a client’s structured and unstructured data, to provide answers to complex analytical problems.
There is a need for great people with strong analytics knowledge, as more emphasis is being put on not only understanding the issues companies are facing with their data, but how they can better leverage their data and use it to mitigate risk and fraud.