Senior Developer - Back-end
Up to £65,000
An Award-winning and fast-growing software start-up working with major high-street retailers as well as
globally-recognised brands are searching for a senior developers. They've got a proven product, a great client list and a host of migration and brand-new projects in the pipeline. Now, they are looking for a Software
Engineer to join their team and become part of the success story.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Build the suite of APIs and microservices
- Extend and improve our coupon code web apps
- Design and build a host of new innovative products on our product roadmap
- Contribute to our technical solutions planning, code reviews & modelling sessions
- Refactor and redesign different parts of the software
- Play a key role in rebuilding version 2 of some of our existing apps
Interested? If so, you'll need:
- Expert knowledge of PHP 5 and above
- Strong modelling ability- can you draw up your solution & architecture before writing your code?
- Ability to effectively apply design patterns to real-life software problems.
- Experience of the Git version control system
- Experience using Symfony 2+ framework or similar is desirable
- Experience of Doctrine 2 ORM or a similar tool is desirable
We are eager to hear from you if you've got an excellent OOP skill, you write good quality code and care a lot about the product you build. You understand good design principles but can also think outside of the box. You are a good team player and your colleagues enjoy working with you.
What are the perks?
- Pension scheme
- Quarterly bonus
- Shares options scheme
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Regular social events
- 25 days holiday (rising with service) & your birthday off
- Flexible working hours (our core office hours are between 10:00 & 16:00) with the opportunity to work from home when you need to
- The autonomy to take ownership of your work
- Join a team who appreciate design and quality and cultivate brilliant ideas
- Challenge yourself and try new things