Treasury Accountant - Middle Office
Michael Page Treasury are recruiting for a Treasury Accountant to join a well-established Treasury function at a multi-national company based at their offices in Luton.
Sitting within the Middle Office, the Treasury Accountant will provide support for all aspects of the group treasury function and will be responsible in ensuring a strong control framework within the team. As this role develops there are opportunities to get involved in other treasury activities including projects
Our client is a well established multinational company within the aviation industry based at their offices in Luton!
The key responsibilities of the Treasury Accountant will include:
- Perform treasury accounting (valuations, hedge accounting, accruals etc)
- Prepare and monitor treasury related budgets
- Support on Credit Rating analysis
- Raise and manage all PO's for the wider treasury team
- Prepare reporting an all of treasury activities for senior management
- Support the treasury Audit process
- Ensure system maintenance on all treasury related systems (TMS, dealing platforms and payment systems)
- Keep the treasury Risk And Controls Matrix (RACM) up to date
- Look to make controls system generated where possible
- Maintain good working relationships with our key system providers.
- Build strong and effective relationships with the front and back office teams as well as wider finance functions
- Ensure opportunities to streamline and improve processes/controls are identified and pursued
- Assisting on ad-hoc projects/tasks
To be considered for the Treasury Accountant position you should have:
- Strong intellect with a drive to learn and is either part qualified or a qualified accountant in ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualification.
- Ideally have experience in treasury accounting.
- Expertise in Excel, operating financial systems and banking systems
- Dynamic, proactive and with an ability to deliver confidently and quickly
- A self-starter with drive and ability to operate effectively as part of a relatively small team
- Robust, hand-on-approach coupled with a cultural sensitivity
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and make pragmatic decisions to ensure deadlines are met.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with strong personal standards and attention to detail to ensure accuracy in all aspects of output.
- Strong interpersonal skills including an ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Team player.
- A competitive salary and a benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate.