Graduate Product Design Engineer Household/Consumer
Graduate Product Design Engineer (Household/Consumer)
£20,000 - £24,000 + Company Benefits
Are you a Graduate Product Design Engineer from a household consumer product design background looking to work for an international manufacturing group, exceptional training and personal development and an opportunity to travel to Asia to meet with vendors and suppliers?
On offer is a role where you will not just be designing products, but managing an entire project. You will be creating designs from scratch and developing them all the way through to customer delivery. You will be responsible for installation manuals, data sheets and logistics of these products.
This business have a focus on creative designs with current Graduates where they have patented their own work and designs. This is a key area for them where you will be given the opportunity to be creative and grow in the business.
This company manufacture a range of household consumer products and turnover over £30 million. They are growing rapidly and have a focus on international export. This is an exciting time to join with personal development and long term progression to management on offer.
This role would suit a Graduate Product Design Engineer from a household consumer product design background looking to work for an international manufacturing group, exceptional training and personal development and an opportunity to travel to Asia to meet with vendors and suppliers.
- To produce and create product designs from concept through to implementation of finished items, working to a brief or own initiative.
- Responsible for all aspects of the design including engineering, prototyping, evaluation and initial testing regimes.
- Monitoring project milestones to meet scheduled launch dates using Smartsheet software in conjunction with Product management.
- Input into the packaging and merchandising of the products, creation of installation instructions. Liaising with suppliers, internal and external customers and overseas personnel in the Far East during the design phase of the project.
- Carrying out any market research and competitor product evaluation required to define the characteristics and requirements of the product.
- Supporting sales and customer service personnel with product training.
- Analysis and diagnosis of product failures in the field.
- Visiting national and international trade fairs and exhibitions to ensure current market trends and styles are understood and developing trends are captured.
- Control of drawings and product specifications for ISO9001 purposes.
- Graduate Product Design Engineering background
- Household onsumer product design background
Product, Design Engineer, Consumer, Plastics, Metals, Manufacturing, Production, Development, Andover, Hampshire,
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.