Location: Canary Wharf, London
Position: Ombudsman Manager
Salary/Rate: £55,000.00/Year + Excellent company benefits and career opportunities
Type: Permanent, Full- time (35 hours a week)
Hours: Our clients service is open from 8am to 8pm on weekdays, and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays; successful candidates will agree a working pattern with your manager.
Are you a natural problem solver who can make decisions that are logical, fair and balanced? Can you cut through the jargon to see what's gone wrong, using common sense to resolve complex issues, removing the emotion to base your decision on the facts? Do you have the passion to inspire a team, to coach and develop them to fulfil their potential and deliver a consistently excellent customer experience? Would you like a fulfilling role where you can truly make a difference to people's lives?
If this sounds like you, Adecco have the perfect opportunity!
Created by Parliament, The Financial Ombudsman resolve complaints between financial businesses and consumers. If something has gone wrong, they have the power to put it right. As an ombudsman manager, you'll lead a team of talented problem solvers to sort out a wide range of financial services problems for our client's customers. You'll make final and legally binding decisions on some of their most challenging cases.
You'll be a hands-on manager, who will manage and develop a team of investigators to provide timely answers that are fair and feel fair. Combining your operational, decision making and people management skills, you'll make sure that you and your team are proud to deliver a professional service to their customers. This includes meeting expected performance standards and having no customers waiting.
In return, you'll be working for an organisation who will make you feel truly valued! From the free on-site gym, subsidised canteen and unrivalled benefits package, to the professional and caring working environment. This organisation will do everything to help you succeed and promote you through their defined career path.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Leading and motivating your team to deliver the objectives you set for them, you'll be accountable for service, quality and performance standards - proactively monitoring and managing performance, addressing issues effectively.
- Making sure fair outcomes are delivered in an efficient way with no customers waiting for answers.
- Caring about the resources you use and the money you spend - making sure your team's time is used effectively.
- Supporting the well-being of the people in your team - understanding their motivations, making them feel proud to work here and building their resilience to help our customers - shown by how engaged your people are and how well you retain, develop and motivate your best people.
- Coaching and professional development to help your team maintain and continually improve the problem solving and customer service skills needed to handle the wide range of problems people bring to our client.
- Making legally binding final decisions which could have wide-reaching implications - and knowing when to escalate key issues.
- Explaining your decisions to our client's customers in a straightforward and human way.
- Supporting our client's wider governance arrangements and contributing to activities for creating and sharing knowledge, gathering insight and for developing their approach.
Key Competencies, experience and personal qualities include:
- Listening carefully and asking the right questions to get to the heart of the problem - being empathetic and mindful of what situations mean, and feel like, for all the people involved.
- Managing or providing professional leadership to a team, in a customer-focused organisation.
- Taking a collaborative approach to management that involves valuing and supporting learning and teamwork.
- Being an open minded yet decisive thinker - using your proactive problem solving skills and judgement to make evidence-based decisions.
- Adapting your approach and communication style by taking individual needs into account, recognising that our customers come from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Successfully engaging, coaching and developing others to perform and improve.
- Using information to help improve the quality of service and performance.
- Being involved in setting objectives and challenging people to exceed expectations.
- Planning and prioritising in a changing, busy environment - caring about achieving results as a team while being flexible and recognising the needs of the organisation.
- Building strong relationships both internally and with a range of external stakeholders.
- Playing a significant role in improving service for customers.
- Influencing, negotiating and persuading across a range of stakeholders and at a senior level.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy