Operations Lead Supply Chain
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client are currently seeking a Operations Lead (Supply Chain) based in Leatherhead, Surrey. This is a full time temporary role for a period of 8 months, working full time, Monday-Friday. This role is paying between up to a max of £67K per annum pro rata, depending on experience.
Everyday 2.5 billion people use a Unilever product to look good, feel good or get more out of life. Our purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace. We are home to some of the UK's best-known brands like Persil, Dove and Marmite, plus some others that are on their way to becoming household favourites like Seventh Generation, Red-Red and Grom.
We are looking for a driven, motivated and highly capable Incubator Operations Lead to be one of the key change agents for our UK&I Digital Transformation. Someone that is not afraid to break process and challenge status quo to deliver change.
As the need for faster, more iterative innovations increases at an exponential rate, we need someone to operationalise the systems and processes needed to support development of Minimum Viable Products that enable us to get to 1st revenue models at pace. The impact of your actions will enable Unilever to validate live in the market new products in development, using the feedback and results to refine the offerings and improve time-to-market success and business case delivery.
You will build the processes, the infrastructure and the external partnerships to industrialise this Lean method of product development. As the expert in your field, you will be empowered to make prioritised decisions on these workflows in collaboration with our Supply chain network, although operating independently of it. Understanding risk will be a key element of this role, to ensure the right level of risk management and mitigation is applied in the right context.
- Define the infrastructure needed to deliver 1st revenue models at scale that translate new concepts and ideas in small in market trials.
- Develop and own the relationship with external 3rd party suppliers to develop market test models.
- Drive the adoption of key practices to enable teams to implement the innovation work stream.
- Measure, track and lead for a reduction in our speed to market from concept to 1st
- Evangelise a digital mindset including driving the adoption of data-driven, performance marketing culture, experimentation, learning and iteration.
- Key member oftheUKI Marketing Transformation programme headed up by the Marketing Transformation Director and sponsored by the UK&I General Manager
- Lead one of the key programme work streams to drive continuous improvement in physical consumer experiences
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Transformation Director, the Agile working lead and the Supply Chain community
- Be a leading change agent in implementing and embedding a new marketing operating model where innovation and renovation is the new normal.
Key Skills and Experience Required
This role is suited to a strategic thinker and a flawless executor with 5+ years' experience in the consumer goods industry, with a particular spike and passion for driving change. As the right candidate, you need to demonstrate expertise in your field:
- A track record of developing & executing product innovation
- A creative, problem solving mind that can see through the 'as is'
- Demonstratable experience in transforming large organisations through disruptive digital change
- Cross-discipline knowledge of complex matrix CPG organisations with an eye on the inherent inefficiencies
Experience in agile ways of working preferred