Senior Care Assistant
Newcross Healthcare are seeking dedicted Senior Care Assistants to provide outstanding care and support to our service users in Swansea, Llanelli, Neath, Ammanford and the surrounding areas.
At Newcross, we're flexible. You can choose to work full or part time hours, to fit around your schedule. We don't believe in 'zero hours.' Our staff have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, providing security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to manage their work-life balance.
Further still, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®What can you expect
Your responsibilities will include; personal care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable our service users to live their daily lives as independently as possible.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
As a Senior Carer you'll work in a similar way as a Care Assistant (HCA) but with additional responsibilities and the expectation of a deeper knowledge and understanding of the role to support your team. You may also be involved in supervising your team and working alongside a multi-disciplinary team (MDT).Skills & Opportunities
The successful candidate will have the chance to improve their skill set with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £14.91/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a supporting role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply today and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!Your Local Team
Newcross Healthcare's Swansea centre opened in 2012 and recently moved to new, bigger premises in Barquentine House on Quay West near Swansea city centre. Based close to the River Tawe at Quay West, the centre is just a short walk from Swansea train station.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.