Bennett Brooks Chartered Accountants, a successful and established firm with 7 UK based offices, is now looking for a Senior Practice Accountant/Manager to join our Head Office team.
Based at our Northwich office, you will be assisting the Head of Small Business and managers within the department, with a varied portfolio of small business clients.
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with small businesses in an accounting practice.
You will be keen to work within a busy team and enjoy client interaction.
A full UK driving licence will be required.
The role will involve:
- Preparation and review of accounts for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and
- Completing monthly bookkeeping and quarterly VAT returns.
- Use of computer software including IRIS, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks
- Preparation of income tax and corporation tax computations and returns.
- Assistance with the preparation and filing of Construction Industry Scheme returns.
- Assisting trainee accountants within the team.
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and on time.
- Dealing with client queries and building ongoing client relationships.
- Other ad-hoc assignments as assigned by the Head of Small Business.
- Ensuring that adequately trained and experienced staff are allocated to assignments to ensure
- that work is completed as cost effectively as possible.
- Ensuring that clients’ work is dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensuring communication within the management team is effective and efficient in order to
achieve the firm’s goals.
There are opportunities within the role to work towards increasing your own portfolio of clients and building/developing client relationships.
- 36 days holiday - inclusive of Bank Holidays/Christmas period
- Staff Pension scheme
- Buy and Sell Holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
Sound interesting? Please click the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; Accountant, Accountancy, Practice Accountant, Senior Accountant, External Audit, Sage Line 50, Xero, may also be considered for this role.