Purpose of the Role
The Web Developer is required to architect, develop and evolve the Company’s presence on-line primarily using the Umbraco CMS platform. Working in a responsive manner with close collaboration between graphics designers, ICT and stakeholders leading to delivery of higher business value.
- Evolution and development of the Company’s on-line presence through consultation with key internal stakeholders. Interpreting design concepts, project briefs and functional specifications to achieve the required end result.
- Maintaining the project plan to ensure the agreed deliverables are on track. Development and implementation of projects for new and existing web sites in response to identified and scoped project requirements
- Continual development of public facing B2B and B2C apps.
- Interact with the Company’s internal applications and API’s, collaborating with the ICT department to commission or extend interfaces to back office systems.
- Ensuring code security, stability and standards compliance for all existing and new sites.
- Ensuring all source code is registered with the Company’s source and version control server and that the latest builds are available with fully documented change histories.
- Defining test criteria and coordinating rigorous testing of developed sites to ensure both fit against requirement and to eliminate faulty code creating unit/integration tests where appropriate.
- Researching new technologies, white papers and leading industry concepts and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of the Company’s on-line presence.
- Communicating complex technical issues and risks to non-technical people, requiring the ability to translate technical impacts into a language understood by stakeholders and to ensure that the communication has been successful.
- Comprehending and having an opinion on advantageous website design.
- Have recent and extensive experience delivering solutions with the Umbraco CMS platform (Umbraco certification desirable) and cross browser development.
- Demonstrate proven experience of designing, specifying and commissioning web applications with a strong appreciation for design, usability and accessibility.
- Excellent knowledge of .NET tools and related languages / technologies including Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
- Previous experience of Test-Driven Development.
- A good knowledge of current SEO best practice and techniques.
- Previous experience of developing e-commerce sites integrated with CRM / ERP applications would be advantageous.
- An appreciation of the aesthetics of design would be advantageous.
- Good organisation, prioritisation, communication and interpersonal skills. Be confident and able to communicate ideas and complex technical information to all levels including directors, line management, team members and key stakeholders.
- Self-learner; able to work independently as well as part of a broad team.