SQL Developer - TSQL
As part of our ongoing growth, we require a talented and energetic SQL Developer to join their growing Data Team. The role will primarily focus on the Claims Solutions business, but as we continue to diversify there may be opportunity to get involved in other Group businesses, which include Insurance Services and Customer Solutions.
The successful candidate will be working on a varied and exciting range of projects with the wider IT Team who follow Agile principles.
In addition to day to day maintenance activities, example projects include new system development, legacy integration/migration, acquisition integration and new technology research and development.
- The ideal candidate would have 3+ years experience as a SQL Developer
- Must be adaptable to change and be able to work under pressure
- Responsive and timely with ad hoc requests, ensuring stakeholders are kept updated at all times
- Ability to work outside of core hours
- This person will already be adept at problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques
- Complex T-SQL
- Database / Database Object Design & Development (Stored Procedures, Views, Functions)
- Advanced Problem Solving
- Industry experience of SQL Server 2014 or above
- Confident in handling large data sets
- Demonstrate SQL best practices in regards to security and data privacy as well as design
- Experience of Data Migrations
- SQL Server 2016 / 2017
- Experience of large scale / complex Data Migrations
- Design, Develop and Deploy SSIS Packages
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) / Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Agile project experience
- Experience of working within financial services, specifically insurance
- Basic DBA Skills (Performance tuning / indexing)
We look foward to your applications!