51Degrees is an open source provider of real-time digital business and market intelligence data. We have provided device detection and analytics information for over 8 years and we are recognised and trusted by some of the world’s best brands including eBay, Tencent, T-Mobile and Disney.
Position: Finance Assistant
Location: Reading, Berkshire, short walk from Reading Station, based in a lively, friendly, shared space environment.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday with flexibility on both sides
Salary: c. £25k per annum, depending on experience
Benefits: Company pension, 28 days holiday, optional study support, discretionary annual bonus, discounted gym membership, long service holiday and enhanced pension arrangements after 2 years.
About the role:
This is a new vacancy in our busy finance and commercial team following an internal promotion. It’s the ideal job for someone who enjoys being busy, using his or her initiative and being part of a busy, growing technology business.
- Administration of purchase ledger including creating purchase orders, checking and posting supplier invoices, matching payments
- Administration of sales ledger, which involves ensuring web-generated auto-invoices are correctly raised, tracking invoices through the on-line store to our CRM and Xero accounting systems, raising bespoke invoices and tracking receipts against invoice
- Maintaining cash inflow and minimising outstanding debt through effective credit control
- Reconciling all bank accounts and credit cards on a monthly basis
- Administration of staff expenses
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Assisting the Commercial Director in preparing monthly management accounts and with sales forecasts
For 51 Degrees you will need:
- To be AAT qualified or part ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified or equivalent
- Previous experience of accounts payable, credit control and accounts receivable is essential, either using Xero or similar package
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills with good understanding of double-entry bookkeeping principles and a thorough attention to detail
- A confident personality, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a cohesive team in a busy environment
- To show you enjoy and have experience of working in a small, owner-managed business
- To be proficient with all MS Office applications and preferably Microsoft CRM
51Degrees is currently unable to provide sponsorships for work permits, and candidates need to have a pre-existing right to work in the UK.
No agencies or recruitment consultants please.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Assistant, Finance Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Junior Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Part Qualified Accountant, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Accounts Payable Assistant, etc.