Data and Portfolio Analyst
This role is primarily responsible for accurate portfolio data in the Company's systems and is key to allow reliable forecasting and exposure reporting by the Central Operations team.
The role also has close and regular contact with Pricing and Sales teams as well as Procurement team.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Data Integrity and Investigation
* To understand and analyse issues that can arise and manage these issues from start to finish, with strong communication and feedback to those involved.
• Ensure all contracts are accurately captured by our systems, in particular details relating to demand and pricing and including daily reporting on acceptances.
• Executing daily tasks which will monitor synchrony between systems and bring portfolio data in line for accurate reporting.
• Generating daily reporting on Sales Costs.
• Contributing to the identification and investigation on data discrepancies, raising them to their manager where appropriate for resolution.
• Analysing issues and communicating the progress to impacted colleagues until resolution.
• Responsible for data within systems.
Technical improvements and developments
• Analysing current processes, proposing and implementing technical improvements where possible
• Working with the team to develop and test new models/methodologies if required, as well as integrate new products within the systems
Portfolio Changes and Analysis
• Responsible for processing customer requested and identified AQ appeals/corrections. They will also play a key role in the industry AQ review, a process key to generating accurate reporting and improving customer experience.
• Process changes as requested to Customer SOQ, SHQ and WAR Band, ensuring they are compliant with industry regulations.
• Assist when required with portfolio analysis, this may be for customers, or for internal team.
The successful candidate will have:
• Strong analytical ability (essential)
• Strong technical/IT ability, in particular good knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Excel and Access (essential)
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to be proactive (essential)
• Good communication skills; ability to communicate technical arguments to non-technical audiences
• Previous commercial experience
• Degree in a numerate/analytical discipline e.g. Economics, Statistics, Econometrics (desirable – not essential)