Subject Leader of Science
Required from September 2019, we are looking to appoint an outstanding Subject Leader for Science
Ashcroft High School is an 11-16 mixed comprehensive school with 1230 students. We were judged to be good with outstanding leadership and management by Ofsted in January 2018. Our students come from a wide range of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds; this diversity creates an interesting range of exciting opportunities and educational challenges.
The school's work is based on the values expressed in our school motto:
A learning community. driven by high expectations and respect for all
Required from September 2019, we are looking to appoint an outstanding Subject Leader for Science who has a track record of raising attainment and delivering outstanding lessons. Science is a popular and successful subject at Ashcroft High School, within a friendly and supportive department. This vacancy arises due to the relocation of the current post holder.
The successful candidate should:
- be an outstanding teacher with the ability to model best practice in the classroom.
- have excellent leadership skills with the ability to establish strong relationships with students and colleagues.
- have a proven track record in raising standards and achievement in Science
- be innovative and a strategic thinker, able to turn ideas and opportunities into successful practice.
The successful candidate will:
- be expected to raise attainment in Science across both key stages, leading to strong outcomes.
- be expected to lead and develop a team of committed teachers and support staff to strengthen the subject.
- be in a key post in a school where professional development is encouraged and supported.
Ashcroft High School:
- is a highly ambitious school with students regularly achieving above expected outcomes in many areas
- has a friendly and supportive group of colleagues
- has undergone an £18 million building programme
At Ashcroft High School we are looking for talented teachers who are able to make a strong contribution to the faculty and to the school as a whole. This is an excellent school in which to take your first step into middle leadership or to extend your leadership experience via a focus on whole-school improvement.
All staff are provided with laptops; the school has very generous ICT facilities and a well-established learning platform.
Ashcroft High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Brett Coventry on