A well-established City broker are looking for a Finance Assistant to join their team in their Head Office, reporting to the Finance Director. Based in a friendly office environment, you will be an integral member of the 3 person Head Office Accounting team. This is an ideal position for a candidate with some exposure to accounts, who is looking for a role where they can hit the ground running.
Broadly you will be involved with the following:
- Receipts/Cash book of the Insurance Brokerage
- Client Accounts
- Shared responsibility for maintaining the nominal ledger
- Month-end closure for the Insurance Brokerage
- Bank statements for shareholders
- Monitoring Investment portfolio
- Year-end audit preparation
- General filing
- Shared responsibility for office and building services
As an ideal candidate you will be:
- Competent user of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experienced with Bookkeeping and accounts support
- Familiar with a PC-based accounting system
- Good at organising and managing your own area of responsibility
- Hands on
Salary is flexible, £22,000 - £28,000 (depending on experience) + excellent company benefits.
Experience within the Insurance industry essential.