Head of Finance
Butler Rose has been retained to support a high growth SME technology business with the recruitment of a Head of Finance. Their client portfolio ranges from fleet businesses through to Government contracts, and also includes some very niche markets. Our client has demonstrated 40% YoY growth and this is set to increase as their brand, reputation and services become more widely known.
It is expected that the successful applicant will have the skills, drive and enthusiasm to develop their position within the business for a future Financial Director position within 12-18 months depending on business growth and meeting individual targets..
The role of Head of Finance is a pivotal position within the company reporting directly into the Managing Director and he/she will take responsibility for monthly and quarterly reporting into all levels of the organisation. The position requires oversight of all transactional processing to ensure integrity of reporting complying with company policy and accounting standards.
The Head of Finance will be responsible creating new financial models to improve MI, so that the Senior Management Team can use data to move the business forward strategically. Working with individuals, the role will require good analytical and communication skills to help facilitate resolution of issues and promote continuous improvement.
To this end, prior experience of a high growth business that has grown from single to double digit £M turnover would be highly desirable as would experience of exploring funding options that can be required to support growth.
Our client is putting together and improving upon an experienced senior management team to work alongside the board to deliver this growth. They're looking for a highly ambitious and proactive Head of Finance to progress the business, and in turn their own career.
THE PERSON SPECIFICATION
The successful applicant will:-
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with a good academic track record.
- Excellent IT and advanced excel skills
- Have experience of working in an SME (or similar) business
- Understand what it takes to guide a business through growth phases with demonstrable examples
- Demonstrate broader business interest, acumen and drive to share in the responsibility of whole business growth
- Have the skills and experience to move financial operations forward, ensuring it is fit for the future
- Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and periods of high workloads
- Be able to build strong, influential senior stakeholder relationships
- Be experienced in building, engaging and developing a strong team
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.