Crawford and Company prides itself on being a world leading multinational company that are continuing to progressively grow in the Claims Managements and Loss Adjusting industry. In the UK, Crawford operates through 27 offices all with professional experience and technical expertise to manage claims from start to finish.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to work within the FP&A function within Crawford and Company.
Travel will be required to our London office on a regular basis.
Functional Knowledge & General Background:
- Corporate financial planning, budgeting, and strategic planning.
- Financial Planning and Analysis background in the insurance/ financial service industry is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow). Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Excellent analytical skills, able to understand and interpret complex models and reports and translate them into tangible conclusions and recommendations
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to translate and communicate complicated financial information to all levels within the Company.
- Strong execution skills - with evidence of improving financial performance
- Provides financial analysis support to executive and operational management to assist in the business decision making process.
- Performs month-end review and analysis of financial results during the monthly accounting close process whereby comparisons are made to planned and historical results, and corrections and/or suggested accrual adjustments are communicated to the Crawford Finance department.
- Maintains, updates, and distributes various management monthly financial reports including the Executive Package, Client Revenue Reporting, and Others.
- Consults with executives and operational management on financial performance issues including the identification of positive and/or negative performance trends and the formulation of plans of action when needed.
- Provides support to management before, during, and after the annual budget process including answering Company financial policy related questions, estimating revenue and/or expenses, verifying accuracy, and validating assumptions.
- Constructs and manages the financial model utilized in conjunction with the Crawford strategic planning and budgeting processes.
- Estimates certain financial reserves assuring the Company is sufficiently provisioned for expected liabilities consistent with GAAP.
- Acts as liaison between management and the Crawford Finance department including the interpretation of financial results and/or policies, and the investigation of extraordinary or unusual activity within monthly financial results.