Assistant Head Teacher - Sep 2019
Assistant Head Teacher - September 2019
I am am working with a client at a high achieving school, which has an excellent academic as well as pastoral record. They place the utmost importance on nurturing students in a holistic manner to be the best they can whatever their chosen specialization may be in the future. They like their students to realize their individual potential and live as valuable and beneficial members of society that will bring benefit to all who they come across. If you share their values and would like to be a part of an exciting, rewarding and demanding vision, please apply for this job.
Start date: September 2019 Salary: Competitive salary depending on qualification and experience.
It is expected that all members of staff will:
- Adopt professional standards of behavior and appearance at all times.
- Work as a supportive member of the teaching staff.
- Participate in sharing good practice.
- Familiarise themselves with all the relevant documentation and policies
To support the Head teacher's overall leadership, development, and management of the teaching and learning of all pupils. To take a leading role in the monitoring and evaluation of standards across the school. To be a leading professional actively promoting effective teaching practices across the whole school. This post will require you to work in partnership with the Headteacher and staff to ensure positive relationships and continuous improvement of the school. You will be required to deputize for the Headteacher in all aspects of the Management, control and discipline of this small school. The post holder will be responsible for administrative and managerial duties in collaboration with the Headteacher designated.
Main Expectations of the Role:
Teaching and Learning:
- Providing an example of excellence as a leading classroom practitioner, inspiring, and motivating other staff.
- Working closely with the Headteacher to sustain high expectations and excellent practice in teaching and learning throughout the school.
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality of teaching and standards of pupils' achievement and use benchmarks and set targets for improvement.
Leading and Managing Staff:
- Working with the Headteacher to lead, motivate, support, challenge and develop all staff to secure continuous improvement including his/her own CDP.
- To lead in Performance Management of staff as directed including volunteers.
- Take responsibility as a mentor for student teachers and work experience pupils.
- Assist with the appointment of staff and provide monitoring and support for teachers, NQTsand students as necessary.
- Liaise with the P.A to ensure the smooth running of his/her overall responsibilities.
- Provide examinations officer support by liaising with staff, parents, and pupils as necessary.
If this sounds like the job for you, don't miss out!! Apply now if you think you have what it takes to make a difference! by contacting Wayne @ Academics on or email