SF recruitment is currently working with a market leading publishing SME company in Nottingham to recruit a Finance Manager. You will be working for innovative world-class creatives that are very specific in their field.
As the Finance Manager you will be reporting into the Head of Finance, and will oversee the accounts team with overall responsibility for the preparation of month end accounts and supporting year-end requirements. In addition the role will require analysis and the provision of management information.
- Reconciling the fixed asset register and posting depreciation on a monthly basis
- Calculate and posting journals, accruals and prepayments, goods in transit, goods received not invoiced, agency and freight accruals, depreciation, exchange rate adjustments, closing stock
- Calculate sales rebates and raise credit notes quarterly and annually
- Provide support to ensure Group VAT submission is completed in a timely manner, including EC Sales, Intrastat and VAT for each company
- Monitoring of company credit cards
- Preparation of intercompany
- Produce tax analysis information that is required by the companys auditors
- Produce analysis to provide to the companys auditors for supporting the companies accounts
- Produce Group reporting packs in line with IFRS requirements within deadlines
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), with previous experience of working within a manufacturing or publishing environment for a small to medium SME business. You will have proven people management and leadership skills with the ability to mentor and develop. You will have a change and continuous improvement mentality and the ability to work flexibly with a proactive response to problem solving. You will have excellent communication and rapport building skills with the ability to influence stakeholders across the business.
It is an exciting time to be joining the business as the business is very profitable and are looking to streamline processes to support this growth.
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, then please apply now or contact Charlotte Gordon on: or for immediate consideration.