Supplier Development Manager
I am working with a global manufacturing company based in Coventry that are looking for a Supplier Development Manager to join them on a permanent basis. It is paying up to £45,000 per annum.
To be responsible for the developing the service and quality of all factored goods and raw materials supplied to the business, ensuring that they meet or exceed our specifications. This will cover the quality of the goods, the QA processes of the supplier and ensuring the supply has an ethical supply chain.
1. Monitor quality and service from external suppliers of factored goods and raw materials.
2. Investigate all service and quality issues raised internally or by our customers that relate to these suppliers.
3. Work with the suppliers to develop and implement process improvement plans, whereby they give a clear and sustainable competitive advantage.
4. Provide feedback on any issues raised including proposed resolution.
5. Monitor performance of supplier against process improvement plans.
6. Carry out supplier audits for new and existing suppliers to determine their capability and in turn provide recommendations back to the business.
7. Develop and maintain vendor performance measurement system, carrying out regular reviews with the vendors.
8. Provide support for the procurement team as part of any negotiation process.
9. Provide support to material control to ensure smooth flow of goods, meeting or exceeding our service and quality expectations.
10. Ensure suppliers meet any new or current regulations as defined by the technical department.
11. Ensure suppliers meet the design requirements consistently, as specified by the design team.
12. Work alongside product management and sales to ensure the suppliers can meet our product quality and service requirements.
13. Support the new product introduction process, ensuring goods from external suppliers meet the product and packing specifications. Support, develop and maintain packing specifications.
14. Work with suppliers to ensure that packaging consistently conforms to specification and is suitable for our outbound supply chain.
15. Documentation of supplier development processes including supplier audits and supplier quality processes.
16. Meet health and safety requirements as specified in the Health and Safety policy.
17. Participate in the budget setting for the department and monitor and control budgets within approved limits and in line with the business plan.
18. Support internal business improvement activities and audits.
Number of reports - none.
Role covers all factored goods and raw material suppliers for the business
Collaborative Team Working.
Job Specific Skills / Knowledge
Strong analytical skills.
Excellent inter personnel skills as will be representing the company with overseas suppliers, often on their own.
Good written skills.
Desirable to have knowledge of flooring standards and previous experience in a similar sector.
Experience of working with overseas suppliers in a supplier development or auditing role.
Familiar with ISO9001/14001/45001 ideally with auditing experience.
Degree level capability.
Lead Auditor capability.