Senior Healthcare Assistant
BMI Droitwich Spa Hospital in Droitwich Spa is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Pathology department.
This is a PART time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- NVQ Level 3 in healthcare, or apprentice in senior healthcare.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Care Certificate
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Holding a caring and professional nature.
Duties of this role include:
- To work as an integral part of the nursing and Multi-disciplinary team, under the director of a Registered Practitioner.
- Provide a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues.
- Work within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Demonstrate competence in the role of Healthcare Assistant within the scope of your working areas.
- Work alongside multi-disciplinary team to provide safe and high quality care provision for patients.
- Guide, buddy or mentor junior members of the team.
- Support colleagues and senior staff to help promote good team morale, leading my example with one’s own professional behaviour.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare for this position offers a salary of up to £17,264 and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.